How did it get to be Friday already? Specifically, mid-afternoon on a Friday here in the Pacific Northwest (later for many of you). Thanks to Nancy at A Rural Journal, though, I can offer my Random 5. I’m hoping to be back to a regular blogging routine by September. Have a great weekend!
- I have a superpower. It’s the incredible ability to ignore commercials. Hubby will look at me, incensed about some advertisement, and my response is usually, “Huh?” I have no idea what he’s talking about because I shut off my attention. What’s your superpower?
- The last few weeks, I’ve been tied up working on the programs for two different theatrical productions. Normally I volunteer on Tuesdays, but I’ve had to put in some long hours lately. Writing material, I can do. Layouts, not so much, though I’m giving it the old college try. Fortunately, this is temporary, as a new person starts September 1, so I get my regular routine back starting…now.
- This week I took an exciting next step in my gardening career: I had enough produce to give some away. It wasn’t much, just some plums and tomatoes, but it felt really good.
- We’ve had gloom and mist in the mornings all week long. Last night the top of the ferry glided through a cloud, and it looked like a submarine. Unfortunately, I didn’t see it in time to get a good photo, but it was way cool. Trust me. The locals call this month Fogust, and rightly so.
- We had our first real party on our deck this past week. Some folks from the neighborhood came over, and we had a great time. Next up: the cast party for Much Ado About Nothing on August 18! I’ve never done much entertaining before, so this is a new adventure for me.