Thanks, as always, to Nancy at A Rural Journal for connecting so many bloggers through the Random 5 Fridays. Check it out, and join us!
Here’s my Random 5 for this week:
- This week was a banner one for the garden. I brought in carrots, beets, onions, figs, strawberries, tomatoes, sage, and the year’s first pears! I planted the pear tree for my hubby, because I’m not overly fond of pears…but I can’t quit staring at them. They look like a miracle to me.
- Speaking of miracles, I had an “event” with my eye that could have been quite serious, but isn’t. The gel part of the eye pulled away from the retina. This is okay as long as it doesn’t take part of the retina with it. I will need to keep it checked for the next 60-90 days, but so far my vision is intact (though I seem to need to need to limit my computer time).
- I heard more than I wanted to this week about “twerking.” I didn’t see the controversial performance at the American Music Awards, for which I am deeply grateful.
- I finished my second draft of my novel! One of these days I’ll try to come up with a decent title so I can call it by name. It’s getting better, and my research into the Bernie Madoff scandal is giving it a nice depth and flavor. I’ll take a week off or so, then back at it for yet another round! I’m hoping to share some chapters after I finish the next draft.
- We spent a few days bopping around Portland, Oregon, and had a lovely time. We went to gardens (of course), the Art Museum, the Museum of Science and Industry, and Powell’s Bookstore, to name a few. We also took a brunch cruise on the Willamette River and spent some time in the spa.
Have a great weekend, everyone! See you next week!