It’s Friday, so it’s time for the Random 5! Check out Nancy at A Rural Journal to catch up with a lot of fine bloggers. I’m still making my way through the list, but I’m seeing some quality writing and brilliant photography. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
Here’s my five:
- Cloris Leachman has the town abuzz. She’s been visiting, and the Cloris sightings are everywhere (she even showed up at an open house for a friend’s birthday). We caught a glimpse of her, too, as we passed by one of our favorite restaurants and saw her sitting at a table near the window. She looks amazing!
- I picked the first figs off the tree. The fruit will keep me busy for the next few weeks. Figs are fragile things and can get mushy if left unpicked for too long. I’ve just put a batch of them in the freezer!
- I’m oh so close to finishing draft #2 of my next novel. I have about twenty pages left, though I am sure I will need to add more to the end. I’m wrapping it up waaayyyyy too fast. I was hoping to finish this draft by the end of August, and it looks like I may make my goal, even with adding more scenes!
- The sun has returned after two rainy days. We took a walk in the rain yesterday, and it was glorious! It made a mess of my hair, but I didn’t want to put my hood up…it was like getting a nice, misty facial.
- Just as I woke this morning, I learned from American Express that someone tried to use my card number yet again. I’m grateful that the good folks at AmEx are on top of these things, but I’m annoyed at what will be the third replacement in just a few years. Worse, it creeps me out that any time someone attempts a fraudulent charge, it’s for something that I might actually purchase. Are these creeps reading my blog? Makes me wonder.
Here’s a bonus for friends who may be going through menopause. I’m going to be listening to a webinar this coming week. If you’re interested in learning more about “The Powerful Transition of Perimonopause and Menopause,” take a look at this video here. I hope it’s helpful!